At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
The Open Platform team is expanding Lyft's transportation platform to include self-driving vehicles. Our goal is to provide a seamless experience by bridging the gap between our rideshare experience today and Lyft’s autonomous future. To date, we have given over 100,000 self-driving rides on the Lyft platform, and this number continues to grow each day.
As the lead Frontend Engineer working on this team, you will help build our in-ride experience for Lyft passengers taking autonomous rides on our network.
- Lead frontend engineering for our in-ride user experience for autonomous rides
- Iterate quickly and efficiently on building new and critical end-to-end experiences for both our riders and support agents
- Help define the team’s product roadmap and inform prioritization of key projects
- Own the long-term technical roadmap to integrate our team’s products with Lyft’s core frontend infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals from a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with NodeJS and Express applications
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Proven track record of collaborating cross functionally with product and design partners
- Full-stack development experience or experience working with mobile web UX is a plus
- Experience working with WebRTC or real-time communication technologies is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.