At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with email and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Salesloft, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our HQ is in San Francisco with offices in New York, Denver, and several of us work remotely. Members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
About the team
The Data team at Nylas is responsible for forward development of various services that built on top of emails, calendars and contacts utilizing natural language processing, machine learning, and integrations with external API’s to categorize and contextualize information for developers to build an intelligence layer on top of Nylas’ world class communications layer.
About the role
- Rapid prototyping
- Ability and confidence to pick up any technical concept to get the job done
- Comfortable in the dark and exploring ideas never done before
- Strong belief that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- Busy creating magic from your code
- A power user of the tools of your trade or building your own tools
- Dive deep into a problem, and ask for help when stuck
- Teach and share by show and tell
- Never stop learning
- Designing, developing and deploying Node.js server-side backends
- Forward development of React JS components for:
- professional services (consulting for specific clients)
- platform - creating components for other frontend developers to use
- Building out full stack web applications for various microservices such as:
- Platform for customers to review and visualize their data and models
- Platform for customers to review and adjust their microservices
- Platform for billing, accounts, debug and updating their on-premise or private cloud systems
- Building and maintaining REST, websockets, and GraphQL endpoints for Nylas API Platform
- Ability to write great enterprise grade documentation
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 3-4+ years of front-end development on high-impact projects
- Track record and references from great people
- Looking to make your mark in the technology world
- Collaborate well with product management, designers and developers
- Have excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded
- Nice to haves: Kubernetes, Python, Golang, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, GCP, Azure, Linux, MariaDB, Agile, CI/CD, Flask, ElasticSearch, CloudBees, Jenkins
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & unlimited snacks
- $100 a month health and wellness benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.