We are looking for a React Developer for our frontend team.
Rakuten TV - “Your cinema at home” - is one of the leading Video-On- Demand platforms in Europe providing the latest movie releases with the latest technology in a true cinematic experience available on Smart TVs. Rakuten TV is currently distributed in 42 countries and is part of the Internet and e-commerce Japanese giant Rakuten, now sponsor of FC Barcelona, The Golden State Warriors and Shakira’s El Dorado Tour.
You’ll work closely with our engineers, designers and product managers to bring the best cinema experience to the home of our customers. It includes solving complex problems, working with international partners testing and delivering their prototypes, thinking about the best architecture of our apps in order to be testable and scalable, etc.
- You will be part of the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment (and maintenance :P).
- Part of an experimented team made by developers, QA engineers, designers and product owners.
- Your code will be executed by millions of customers every month.
What we expect from you
- 5 years working on frontend side, experience working with a dynamic product that requires changes almost every day.
- Good coding practices is a must: we prefer quality over quantity.
- Experience working with scrum and agile methodologies.
- Believe in a very good testing strategy is a must.
- You are comfortable researching new technologies and/or looking for the optimal solution.
- React (Redux ) / Node (Express) / es6
- Webpack / gulp / rollup
- Tape / Jest / Jasmine
- Sass / BEM / Css
- Web / Smart TVs
Some good reasons to apply
- Great work environment 2 blocks away from Poblenou’s beach
- Free drinks and cookies
- Weekly box of fresh fruit
- Culturally diverse environment with really interesting and fun people in the office
- Regular company outings, off-sites and team-building events
- Private Medical Insurance or extra money for meal card/commuting card
- Free Language Classes on-site
- Conferences and training plan. Quarterly hackathons.
- Free massage for all the team
If you made it this far, you’re probably interested in sending us an introduction about yourself. Send us over a cover letter, a copy of your resume, Github account, and/or links to any projects you are proud of, and we’ll be in touch.