Our Story: It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people consume and use on their bodies every day. We asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we developed a zero-calorie sweetener made from sugarcane, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment and we make sustainable ingredients that supply the Health & Wellness, Clean Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances industries.
Amyris is building out a software development hub in Lisbon to support our constantly growing internal infrastructure and consumer-facing e-commerce websites. For more information about Amyris and our brands, please visit our company page!
Currently, we are looking for a front end developer to handle the work of programming the user interface and user interactions (UI layer) for our consumer facing ecommerce applications and sites (including websites, intranets, rich-media applications and content management systems).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing a 100% work from home policy for all Amyris Lisbon personnel until the crisis passes. The safety of our people and their families is extremely important to us. We will see that existing staff and new hires are fully equipped and prepared for remote work. Our projects and hiring shall continue moving forward at full speed. We look forward to building a team of people who are skilled and confident enough to work remotely.
The front end developer will be in charge of crafting the user interface layer and interactions in a brand new 5-7 person team that contributes to a variety of projects and initiatives, including building new features, launching new products, and extending our core platform.
- Providing technical skills for creating and maintaining our brands user interfaces for web, and mobile
- Deep knowledge on creating responsive websites.
- Working directly with designers and developers to establish their design vision.
- Helping the Design and User Experience to provide outstanding media
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation of design solutions.
- Explaining potential opportunities and project risks to management.
- Assisting the managers for DUX (Design and User Experience), Professional Sales with project estimation (time/budget).
- Contributing to the development/evolution of the Design & User Experience team
- At least 3 years of creating front end user interfaces for websites and applications.
- Front End Development (HTML/CSS) work experience.
- Experience with REST APIs, both client and server-side.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks like React and AngularJS.
- Expert in creating full CSS and HTML layouts.
- Proven ability to create compliant, effective code within scope; budget and deadlines.
- Follow-through on internal assignments and initiatives.
- Experience with Agile methodology
Nice to have:
- Experience with Shopify and better yet Shopify apps development
- Experience with other elements of our architecture such as Google Analytics, Boomi, Domo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, Hubspot, Netsuite, and Microsoft Azure Cloud
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.