The college lecture hasn’t fundamentally changed in centuries. We’ve seen technology touch every aspect of our lives and yet today’s students sit and passively listen to their professors lecture exactly like they did in the middle ages.
101 transforms the college STEM lecture hall with a unique active learning platform. We focus on elegant, discipline-specific interactive assessment tools that triumph over traditional and generic multiple choice systems (and we’ve got the data to back it up!). Our first product for college chemistry, Chem101, has been quickly adopted at over 250 higher ed institutions and we’re just getting started. Check out some of our innovative tools here: www.101edu.co.
We’re a VC backed team of scientists, engineers, and educators who are redefining the way students learn and interact with their subject-matter. Own the frontend codebase and work directly with our highly focused team as we build the first of many course products. You’ll be scaling our flagship mobile and web apps as we grow to millions of learners. Join us in the heart of NYC and change the college STEM learning experience forever!
• Mission driven: you know the traditional college lecture is broken and you want to do something about it
• Enjoy writing custom user interfaces with unique, never before seen interactions
• At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
• At least 2 years of professional experience working with React or React Native
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
• Strong algorithms and data structures background
• Strong work ethic - we’re here to change education and get the job done
Good to Haves:
• Background in a STEM field
• Native iOS or Android development experience
• Experience with Java
• Experience working in a cross-functional environment
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with MongoDB