PLEASE NOTE: This is a 100% remote position for candidates located anywhere in Italy, or for candidates outside of Italy who speak fluent Italian. A trip to our office in Switzerland (expenses paid by the company) one week per quarter, to work onsite with the team, is required.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to help us take our product to the next level. We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. In this position you will work mainly on our front-end for our individual and enterprise-oriented product. You will work with back-end engineers, full-stack engineers and data scientists on several new internal projects.
You’ll have an opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning.
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers, in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work side by side with DevOps, ensuring every piece of software provides useful error messages and logging capabilities.
- Basic CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with SPA (single page applications) and SSR (server side rendering) with React (or any other modern JS framework)
- Experience with atomic design strongly preferred
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Understanding of the appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources, and an understanding of data redundancy and availability is necessary
- Good English level
- Passion for and experience in e-learning projects is a strong bonus
- Ability to find creative solutions to interesting problems
- Competitive Compensation with annual bonus potential
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!