At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including IBM, OpenAI, Instacart, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We have achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Technical Leader/Manager for the Frontend team to help us build our evolving, world-class log management system. You will help build and nurture the development team as well as work on building and maintaining a scalable and performant web interface for our product. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable and maintains the highest standards. He or she will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup. Above all, the candidate will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see team members succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly.
Responsibilities (What you'll do)
- Work closely with the product management, design and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and quickly iterate to improve our product.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, being ultimately responsible for the health of the systems the team builds.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional local and remote teams as well as with partner companies.
- Help build and lead software engineering teams through hiring and growing engineers.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Cultivate and influence continuous improvement both in your team and across Engineering; identify and seize opportunities to improve the way we estimate, plan, develop, test, ship and deploy our software and established metrics to measure progress.
- Manage technical debt. Help to maintain balance between velocity and code health.
Qualifications (What you'll need)
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience including writing production code at scale
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering team
- Solid understanding of front-end architecture, managing state. Knowledge of best practices of building data flow in a web app
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience developing and communicating a strategy and roadmap for your teams
Bonus Points (Nice to have)
- Solid experience with Vue.js/Vuex or React/Redux frameworks
- Solid experience with Express.js, MongoDB, Redis and similar server-side technologies
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a 100% remote full-time opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA but with a remote-friendly work culture. Apply with confidence, fortune favors the bold.