Warby Parker is searching for a thoughtful, well-rounded Senior Front-End Developer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team, focusing on growing business by building a best-in-class e-commerce experience. In this role, you’ll dive deep into our component-based front-end architecture, whether you’re launching A/B tests to optimize user experience and increase conversion, or developing the foundations for brand-new parts of our business. Want to be a key member of a super-collaborative team that’s big on continuous improvement? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and analysts to develop high-quality technical solutions to customer and business problems
- Develop new and existing software systems to the highest technical, quality, and accountability standards, all while considering secondary concerns like security, performance, maintainability, adaptability, and simplicity
- Use and promote successful software management and technical workflow practices that shorten feedback loops between the Tech team and others
- Serve as a technical gatekeeper to advocate for user experience and empathetic design
- Discover ways to validate and measure the impact your work has on customers
Who you are:
- Equipped with 4 or more years of experience building complex consumer-facing front-end applications
- Familiar with using one or more modern client-side frameworks (e.g., React, Vue, Angular, Ember) in a professional setting
- Backed by a wealth of experience to draw from when building and deploying performance web applications at scale
- Passionate about what makes a great user experience and knowledgeable about the technical specifics it takes to build one
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
- Eager to be involved in all stages of the product development lifecycle, from concept through deployment
- Successful in an agile work environment, breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Expertise in one or more of our core technologies: React, Python, Node, Webpack, TypeScript
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other engineers
- Experience in A/B testing and personalization, and the underlying infrastructure that supports them
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!