Help us make personal digital security understandable and accessible at Tall Poppy!
About Tall Poppy
Tall Poppy builds tools and services to help companies protect their employees against online harassment and abuse. We combine proactive security training, threat monitoring, and detection with incident response when an individual comes under attack. In addition to our standard service, we offer additional capabilities for high-profile or executive staff who face increased risk.
About the role
We are looking for a senior front-end web developer who will work with us in our San Francisco office. We're flexible about occasionally working from home, but we're a very small team and value the high bandwidth of in person collaboration. During this difficult time, we are a fully remote team.
The successful candidate in this job is someone ready to take on the responsibility of growing our existing web app by improving and building out the front-end, but is also willing to dig into back-end code sometimes (we like to pair!).
What you'll day to day:
- Work closely with product and design to help define what is doable and when.
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and iterate on core pieces of functionality.
- Contribute to a web application that promotes self-care and compassion.
- Have opinions on code design and advocate for them appropriately.
- Built web applications at scale.
- Written plenty of front-end tests and set up testing frameworks.
- Created clear, maintainable code.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- A passion for supporting people through traumatizing experiences.
We hope you:
- Have experience with backend frameworks (we use Rails, but Rails experience isn't required).
- Are familiar with the basics of personal digital security, i.e. know how password managers work, understand what 2-factor authentication is and how/why to use it, are generally aware of security topics from an end-user point of view.
Bonus points (definitely not required):
- Social work, trauma, or psychology knowledge or experience.
- Crisis or incident response experience.
We highly encourage under-represented applicants to apply, even if you don't think you fit 100% of the criteria.