We’re looking for a talented front-end web developer with a good background in React in our Santa Monica Office. You will be working cross functionally with the product, design, and other engineering teams on a wide variety of projects that powers Fair’s completely digital car ownership experience. If you’re someone who wants to be a major contributor to one of the best startups, and enjoys taking on challenges, then we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you'll be reporting to a Staff Engineer that currently oversees our 3 web based applications: website fair.com, dealer app, and internal tools. These are all React based applications, so React experience is a must.
- Build scalable and flexible web experiences that powers the future of car ownership
- Collaborate with back-end engineers, design and product teams to plan new features and drive improvements
- Help mentoring and assisting other front engineers on the team
- Provide accurate estimates on project complexity and delivery time
- Work with engineering teams to execute on projects in a timely and resourceful manner
- Work in a fast pace environment, be able to adapt to changing priorities and scope as needed
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Background developing modern interactive web experiences with React, HTML5, CSS3
- Have some experience with a state management library (Redux, Mobx, etc…)
- Experience defining API interfaces in JSON or GRPC
- Work with version control through GitHub
- Able to perform code reviews and give constructive feedback
- Comfort in a design-centric environment informed by user experience research and a/b testing
- Bachelors related to computer science or equivalent work experience