Our key objective for Collision from Home, and all of our global conferences, is the number of meaningful connections we create for our customers. This is our North Star – this is what guides us.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 200 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
We’re looking for software engineers to join our Technology Innovation team in Porto, Portugal. The team works on innovation and product development for Web Summit’s suite of tools and systems, with a focus on on-site technology.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll work with a small team of like-minded Engineers, to build products for Web Summit’s events
- You’ll deliver quality, maintainable code in order to power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll collaborate and learn with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- You'll work closely with technical leadership and product owners to build out new products and features.
- You’ll learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & development process.
Who you are:
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems.
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You have experience working in a SCRUM environment driving everyone around you to perform to their utmost.
- You love the web and new technologies, constantly evolving and learning.
- You’re knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of products and recent developments; making smart choices about technologies to be adopted.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge with web development with React and related technologies (Jest, Apollo)
- Bonus points for React Native experience
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- Experience with static typing and Typescript
- Solid background in development for multiple browsers, environments and platforms
- Solid experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Experience building technology solutions with a service-oriented architecture
- Comfortable working in a SCRUM environment
- Comfortable working with Git and code reviews via pull requests.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our subsidised healthcare cover, gym membership and yoga.
- We offer competitive salaries, rent subsidies, flexible hours and a mac for work.
- Enjoy your own private garden(Dublin HQ) with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, cereals and subsidised lunches.
- Learn new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives from our L&D team and a tailored online learning account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad, social responsibility days and sports.
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.