Hivemapper is modern mapping infrastructure. Our machine vision powered mapping tools help forward thinking teams build smarter maps. Maps that see changes. Maps that understand. Some of the world’s most important organizations trust Hivemapper to build their maps that can see.
Who We Are
With just under 20 employees, we are proud to have multiple PhD’s, and alum from top schools like Stanford, UC Berkeley, Cal Poly, lending their expertise to our product and business. Hivemapper is a team of mathematicians, designers, programmers, and scientists from well-known companies like Palantir, Mapbox, and Yahoo, working together to create a modern mapping platform fed by a network of videos. Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary as we focus on solving truly challenging problems. Our team and tech are growing rapidly, we encourage skill development and learning new things, and we love to promote leaders from within.
What We Need
As we improve our technologies in speed, accuracy, information content, flexibility, and many other ways, we only have room for smart, ambitious people with entrepreneurial blood in their veins.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead our frontend web engineering team. Our web application shows living 3D maps generated by our computer vision pipelines alongside terrain maps, LiDAR, OpenStreetMap, and videos. There are no other systems quite like Hivemapper; we’re solving design and technical challenges with few precedents and need leaders eager to own these areas. As team lead, you will play a role in design, architecture, and implementation of the web application, including the 3d map client and data management interface.
What You'll Do
- Tackle complex problems application design, building performant, scalable, and adaptive interfaces and applications
- Collaboration and design/architecture planning with product
- Manage a small team of frontend engineers
What We're Looking For
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related technological field, or the equivalent in professional experience.
- 3+ years of web software engineering
- Skilled with Typescript and React
- Strong product sense
- Understanding of complex web-based applications and their associated state management problems
- Understanding of web build systems & asset pipelines, e.g. Gulp, Browserify, webpack, Rollup, Ruby on Rails
Nice To Haves
- Experience with GIS or mapping applications
- Experience with web 3d graphics, webgl, three.js, etc.
- Backend or full stack web development experience