As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer at Anduril you will be architecting and building out our front end features and tooling, deploying them to users, and making sure they're meeting users' requirements. You will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds.
As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our end-users. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
The ideal candidate has curiosity and experience in backend systems as well so that you can understand and contribute to it in support of your frontend responsibilities.
- Design, build, and deploy a real-time, map-based interface for displaying and interacting with sensor data and commanding physical assets
- Fetch and manage large streams of data while maintaining performant rendering in a low-friction user experience
- Build and design immersive image-viewing experiences on multiple platforms, including web-based and mobile 3D image viewing
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive or map-based systems
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- Leadership experience a plus
Technologies that you will work with
- Typescript, React/Redux for web front end
- React Native, Android Java and Swift for mobile applications
- C++, Go, Java for backend systems
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.