What would you do if there were no constraints? Challenging the status quo and pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved will be key to Moonpig as we take on some of the biggest challenges we have ever faced.
As a result we are looking for a Senior React Engineer with experience in working on large scale, distributed systems that can help drive the technical decisions and delivery of these projects. It’s a highly impactful role with tons of interesting technical problems to solve.
You know what good engineering looks like. Your job now is to lead by example and help others achieve the same thing using high-levels of empathy.
Senior Engineers are the lifeblood of Moonpig, and as such we set the bar high. For us it’s so much more than just writing good code, it’s about how you enable those around you to do the same.
We expect great things:
- Good engineering comes first. You'll have a great technical knowledge base and the experience to know what works and what doesn’t. We expect you to apply these skills in making the right decisions and applying best practices wherever possible.
- Technical coaching and leadership. You'll be collaborative, inclusive and spreading knowledge wherever possible. People will be looking up to you for technical guidance and part of your role will be to help them on that journey. You will also be responsible for creating the right forums to drive engineering principles and practices across all of engineering. You have the autonomy to drive decisions, but it’s your responsibility to ensure everyone is involved.
- Culture and advocacy. You will be supporting a growth culture (e.g. running lunch & learns, brown bags, etc.) internally or advocating the organisation externally through meetups, blogging, hackathons etc. This is important to us as we are all in this together.
You should apply if
- You have experience working with React in large scale systems
- Have experience working with Node and its surrounding ecosystem
- You have worked with or helped build component libraries for React
- You help drive good coding practices across teams
- You advocate engineering excellence at all levels within the organisation
- You help mentor and lead all levels of engineering (This is a big one for us i.e Senior Engineers = Technical Leaders)
- You are pragmatic and understand where to compromise and where not to
- You understand business and commercial impact
- You understand delivery and how lean processes can enable this
- You want to deliver value quickly and fail fast
- You live and breathe lean practices and true agile thinking
- You enjoy a work / life balance
What should you have done before
- Worked with one of the larger cloud providers
- Extensive experience in React and Node
- Worked on large scale, highly transactional, distributed systems
- Provided coaching and mentorship to other engineers
- Worked with async and event driven architectures
- Test driven development
- Agile (using squad based teams)
- Focus on writing quality code using best practices and principles including pair programming
- Microservices architecture & Restful API's
- Full continuous integration and deployment pipeline, from GIT commit to deployment in production