*Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans? *
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Frontend Engineer for our Payments team.
What you will do:
- Scale patreon: frontend architecture, performance, code patterns, establish best practices
- Build reusable systems that solve fundamental architectural needs
- Ensure our application is highly available across modern mobile and web browsers, accessible for people with disabilities, and can localized to different languages
- Establish and improve performance SLAs (bundle sizes, time-to-render, etc)
- Support build and developer tools: code linting, automated scripts, etc
- Upgrade and adopt latest frontend technologies
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with the existing engineering teams to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 3-5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3-5+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- You have experience building large scale and distributed software architecture.
- You have experience building user-facing products.
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You have the soft skills to come up with resolutions with the team regardless of different perspectives and timezones.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- Experience working with finance technologies is a nice-to-have.
Projects you may work on:
- Enable the payment platform to process payments in multiple currencies.
- Integrating multiple payment methods (Domestic and international) for user to pay on platform
- Offer a delightful user experience for the features we ship.
- Building tools to help internal stakeholders to gain clarity.
- Leveling up our public API to support extensive 3rd-party integrations via a secure and elegantly simple developer experience.
- Contribute at a global scale.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will get the opportunity to design and implement a large scale payment processing system.
- You will learn implementing multiple payment methods both domestic and international
- You will learn ways to empower a product that gets creators paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on [LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.