TapTab is a cutting-edge mobile application that is inventing the future of the dining experience, and we’re looking for great people to help us create that future.
We're looking for a React developer to help us develop the frontend of our web application. We seek a developer whose code is clean, reliable, comprehensible and scalable, who is product- and detail-oriented, who is eager and able to find answers to hard questions and learn new technologies, who can contribute insights to our products, and who shares our passion, ambition and motivation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a very exciting, emerging startup at an early stage, work with a great team of developers, make foundational contributions to its core products, and to participate in building a great culture and company.
This role would start as an equity-based part-time project (15-20 hours/week) before transitioning to a full-time salaried role upon the close of our next investment round (expected August/September 2020).
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Help build TapTab's restaurant web application
• Select, test and contribute to the adoption of software architecture, programming languages and new technologies
• Test and document code, and constantly ensure code quality, reliability and optimal performance
• Identify and fix bugs, as necessary
• Work remotely on a part-time basis, with flexible hours
• Experience developing scalable, adaptive, high-performance apps
• Demonstrated ability to write and test high-quality, readable, reliable and well-architected code
• Ability to define, understand, develop, test and iterate new product features
• Experience with markup languages
• Familiar with Git version control
• Located in or willing to work in New York City
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
BONUS SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Deep interest in software development and knowledge of latest technological developments
• Knowledge of backend development using Node.js
• Startup experience
• Equity in an emerging startup company
• Market salary and benefits (upon close of next fundraising round, projected to take place in August/September 2020)
• Chance to take part in an exciting journey with a fun, friendly and highly-motivated team
• Opportunity to learn from and teach a team of developers, designers and others
• Awareness that you’re helping create to a product that will make life a little bit better and the world a little bit more beautiful for a whole lot of people