Apply for this job
Lark is the world's largest A.I. healthcare provider, servicing more than a million patients suffering from, or at risk of, chronic disease with A.I. Nurses. We’re on a mission to improve people’s health and happiness through our digital health coach. We are the only A.I. nurse ever to become fully medically reimbursed to 100% replace a live nurse because we achieved equivalent health outcomes to live healthcare professionals - which allows for infinitely scalable healthcare. Since launch Lark has continued to receive awards and accolades for both our product, and our leadership.
✦Apple's Top 10 Apps in the World
✧Business Insider's most innovative companies in the world along with Uber and Snapchat
✦Biz Journal’s 100 Women of Influence
We are looking for a talented Senior React Native Engineer to join our growing team in Mountain View, CA, where you'll help build performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
What You’ll Do:
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Maximize code sharing between react web apps and react native apps
- Maintain clean separation of business logic and UI to support internal E2E testing framework
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years in React Native Experience
- 4-year degree in CS or STEM-Related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have previous experience scaling large backends (1M+ users)
- Deep knowledge of functional programming
- Ability to write well-documented, clean TypeScript code
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites Jest
- Experience with MobX State Tree
Our team works with cutting edge tools and technology related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are using NLP to process millions of meals, and accelerometer data to compute activity and sleep amounts from users' phones. Our chat AI is the most sophisticated digital health engagement tool in the world. Join us and make it even better!
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lark does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need