Who We Are
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We don’t just deal with huge scale, we deal with a huge diversity of scale. We run thousands of applications on tens of thousands of servers. We serve hundreds of thousands of TV shows and movies to millions of customers on thousands of device families, all of which are evolving daily. And we are just getting started in building our studio technology that drives Netflix originals.
The Insight Engineering team at Netflix builds services and tools that provide real-time operational insights to thousands of Netflix engineers and employees who care about our service. Insight services and tools play a vital part in ensuring the high quality and experience that Netflix provides to our customers.
As we continue to grow our product portfolio, we are pushing the state of the art in user experiences and visualizations. We are looking for a UI engineer who’ll help us identify our customer’s needs and create intuitive experiences and products.
Our UI engineers work directly with our customers and partners to understand their needs and collaborate to build experiences. This role will focus on building out the RADAR
suite of products - a powerful set of services aimed at real-time anomaly detection, diagnostics and auto-remediation.
You’ll have an opportunity to build UX / UIs that are cutting edge and fundamental to how engineers operate their services.
What You Will Do
- own and drive product features and roadmap from concept to adoption
- create user experiences that enable self-service for RADAR offerings, provide contextual information, power diagnosis of system anomalies and visualization of operational insights
- partner directly with stakeholders and customers to identify opportunities and iterate effectively
- work in a fast-paced environment that gives you both great freedom and great responsibility
Who You Are
- you understand and deeply focus on the real-world benefits your products will have on your customers
- You enjoy interacting with your customers to understand their needs and collect feedback
- someone who is self-directed and can drive product features end-to-end
- you are passionate about user experience design and enhancing the UI to help improve usability
- experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows
- experienced in working with backend engineers to define RESTful APIs and data models
- experience with creating middlewares powered by GraphQL