We need Front End Senior Software Development Engineers with experience of delivering impactful results by building first-rate software applications. We want to hire people who can see solutions not problems and work collaboratively across all areas of the business. We would like to meet motivated, pragmatic people who enjoy the challenge of a startup and who like to take a structured approach to get the job done.
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed. We're using technology to achieve disruptive change in the business loans sector.
We operate a regulated platform that matches a wide range of investors’ funds with ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we want to be smoother, faster and more efficient!
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
The core elements of the role will be to:
- Provide significant contribution to the future architectural decisions around how software is built at Growth Street.
- Execute your robust system design & architecture knowledge, with an eye toward solid testing, scalability and availability.
- Apply a test-driven approach to all engineering moving forward, working with the team to this goal, shortening the feedback loop across the SDLC.
- Contribute to a productive, creative and enjoyable engineering culture where builders can do work they feel proud of.
- Support production systems operationally and participate in continuous improvement of their quality.
- Work with business stakeholders, product owners and business analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions.
- Mentor more junior members of your team, and continue to establish development best practices.
What can you expect to work on in the first few months
- help define the front end architecture and stack
- build the new onboarding experience for our customers
- build internal and external dashboards and insight tools
Your skills and motivations
If you can answer "yes" to most of these questions you may be a great fit for this role:
- Are you looking for a truly influential role where you can work cross-functionally?
- Do you communicate in a concise, specific and targeted way, and value that in others?
- Are you somebody who builds empathetic and trusting working relationships?
- Do you enjoy the fast pace and ambiguity of a startup and love making products that solve problems in the real world?
- Do you have experience of agile delivery methods such as Scrum and Kanban with commonly used tools such as Jira?
- Do you have a degree level foundation in computer science or equivalent scientific experience?
- Do you have a basic knowledge of cloud hosting infrastructure eg AWS?
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of UI testing frameworks such as Mocha and Chai.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
Nice to Haves
- UX experience.
- Experience developing against a cloud platform such as AWS.