Who we are
ShiftRight is a hot new Cybersecurity company building a novel product, with first-mover advantage to help CIO/CISO make business decisions around IT/Security spending.
ShiftRight is founded by experienced entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits. The company is funded by some key Angel’s who are the luminaries in the valley along with Engineering Capital and Firebolt ventures. ShiftRight has the opportunity to cause major disruption in the IT/security market by helping CXO make decisions based on ROI provided by the products using data and not based on gut or outdated analyst reports.
What you will do
If you are looking to be part of the early-stage start-up team that is charting the course and solving a key pain point for the CXO, this opportunity is for you. The opportunity will provide you join a company where you can contribute to all aspects of the product definition, product building and solving some key challenges.
- Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping
- Collaborate with a UX/UI designers and other front-end and middle-tier engineers to design, prototype, and build user interface for complex cloud-based product
- Participate in complete development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Develop and maintain a scalable web and responsive applications
- Exhibit Devops mindset – Work on continuous integration, including provisioning, deployment, testing, and version control of the software
- Mentor new software developers and junior engineers
What you will bring
- Passionate engineer with 5 – 8 years of hands-on experience of developing next-generation user interface with high quality and performance
- Strong desire to learn & evaluate new libraries/frameworks, and share knowledge with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Sound knowledge of front end standards and practices
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Knowledge of Redux, React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, JQuery, Ember, Babel, Webpack etc.)
- Experience of building Single-page Web Apps
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing
- Proficient with debugging and testing tools to troubleshoot and optimize the UI
Good to have
- Full-stack development experience
- Prior Startup Experience
- Prior experience in developing real-time web applications
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Proficiency with Git/Github
- Experience with GraphQL
- Start-up mindset
- Good problem solving abilities
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Prior experience of working with globally distributed teams is an added advantage
- Work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
Why Join Us
Our team is looking for fast-moving engineers with an entrepreneurial mindset. As a software engineer, you will help grow the platform by identifying new features, products, and business opportunities. You will write and own scalable production-grade code across the platform in collaboration with the small, close-knit and dedicated global development team.
We keep cloud-native concepts close to our heart whenever we design any software component and you will have exciting opportunities to work on new software frameworks, modern tech stack and cloud-native applications using latest cloud technologies.
If you want to feel and see that your contributions matter, have a strong desire to work for an early-stage startup and if you love working in a dynamic, agile, continually improving environment and most importantly, work with good people, come talk to us. If you are excited about the opportunity to build a cool new Cyber Security SaaS product ground-up, write to us at email@example.com with your latest profile.