Job Title: Mobile Engineer (React-Native)
Position Type: Full Time
Position Level: Senior
Travel: Minimum travel may be required
At NurseFly, we’re on a mission to transform hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We’re starting by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline $17 billion temporary healthcare staffing industry. We empower nurses and other healthcare professionals across the country by giving them unprecedented access to honest, transparent, and real-time information to aid them in their job search. We connect candidates to the highest paying, most relevant travel healthcare jobs in the country and we help enable research around the best places to work.
Our goal is to help healthcare professionals take the headache out of finding a great job, and for healthcare employers, making it easier and faster to find great talent. Through the NurseFly platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
You’ll work directly with the mobile lead and become a co-owner of NurseFly’s stickiest product: the NurseFly mobile app. You will own entire features, refactor legacy code, keep bugs in check, review pull requests, and continue to improve the NurseFly app in order to serve Healthcare Professionals and Recruiters. You will have the opportunity to shape the engineering culture and practices.
NurseFly is small and rapidly growing. As a start up, you’ll work closely with all departments, including the rest of the engineering team, the CTO, as well as marketing, design, and business development.
THE SKILL SET
- Shipping production level React-Native app(s)
- Redux or similar state management tools
- Experience with native iOS / Android development is a plus
- Ideally automated testing systems like Jest and Detox
- Ideally automated build systems (Fastlane)
- Firebase (Real Time Database, Crashlytics) experience is a plus
- Familiarity and comfort with React
- It may be helpful, but not required, to have experience with other parts of our stack as well, including: Python, Node, Express, Sequelize, Postgres, Heroku, AWS S3.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Get set up in the code base
- Get familiar with the NurseFly business model and the customers we serve
- Have pushed code to production
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Get comfortable with the current engineer best practices and our many 3rd party tools
- Be in charge of developing and pushing out large scale features and bug fixes
- Be reviewing peer code
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Helping to steer the direction of the engineering team
- Helping to recruit and mentor mid-level engineers
- Be a contributing member to the growth and stability of the mobile platform
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be a subject matter expert in both the industry and our code base
- Continue to contribute to the rapid growth and increased robustness of our platform
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Budget for your dream battle station (computer, monitors, keyboard, mouse, headphones, IDE and whatever else you need to do your best work)
NurseFly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.