Who you'll work with
You will be part of a product team in QuantumBlack Labs in London and will work with software engineers, product managers, data scientists, data engineers and designers to create innovative products and new technologies that facilitate, accelerate and enable the development and deployment of artificial intelligence / machine learning solutions at scale in production.
What you'll do
As a Senior Front-End Engineer in QuantumBlack Labs you will:
- Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- Build on and create APIs through which we power multiple applications using NodeJS / Express / GraphQL and PostgreSQL
- Work in a cross-functional collaborative team to build visually compelling frontends to our data and analytics applications
- Help build our internal frameworks and libraries, define patterns & practices across all our projects
- Work closely with the Design Team to help realise their beautiful data visualisations and user interfaces
- Act as a bridge between the Design, Engineering and Data Science Team
- Ensure Engineering tasks are completed to the highest quality in a timely manor
- Continuously evaluate our process for optimisations and help us to shape the next generation of our products
- Review team members' code or debate approaches to complex technical challenges
- Work with leadership to set the standards for software engineering best practices
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another similar field is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with TypeScript is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with React is required but experience with Vue.js would also be considered
- Experience working in a cross-functional product team
- Experience working with software engineering best practice
- Ability to conduct insightful code reviews
- Experience working with Git in a collaborative manner
Who you are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team.
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact.
Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients.
You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
You search for ways to improve things, believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.