WHO ARE WE
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 2 million users across 9 countries in Europe. It’s first app, BUX X, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant ‘in app’ community. With the introduction of BUX Zero, BUX is bringing commission-free investing to all, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team — our senior engineering staff has several decades of accumulated development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
WHY WILL YOU ENJOY WORKING AT BUX?
- You'll work on real-time web applications with complex data flows
- There's plenty of room to use cutting edge technologies and features — target only the latest "evergreen" web browsers
- You'll be implementing neat features, with sleek UI/UX, while ensuring your solution is solid, performant, maintainable, and readable
- You'll have the freedom to choose your own tooling and judge if a new tool can be used to increase productivity, code readability, and maintainability. We try not to use something just because the “cool kids” are doing it
- You'll work with highly competent and friendly colleagues
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside
WHAT IS THE CHERRY ON TOP?
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 mins from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan.
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality
- Demonstrable experience publishing business-oriented web applications
- Experience with packaging/build tools (e.g. npm, webpack, etc.)
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs and WebSockets
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable, maintainable code
NICE TO HAVE :
- Good knowledge of design and of UI and UX patterns
- Working knowledge of TypeScript