Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
What you'll be doing
- Championing our front-end efforts, building consistently-usable React components in and around our design system for consumption in our web applications
- Making informed choices about our front-end tech stack and architecture, and bringing the team along for that ride
- Building out an international team of front-end engineers, including both local and remote members
- Educating and growing our engineering team, helping them understand best practice and how to most effectively work together on our front-end (as both consumers and contributors)
- Building a platform that connects hackers around the world with companies to help make the internet more secure.
- In addition to our external users, you'll be working on improving our platform for our amazing internal teams, such as the Application Security Engineers who review and test incoming vulnerabilities.
- Helping design the platform by working with our product team and both internal and external stakeholders to provide an engineering and UX perspective.
- Working with our designers to improve our design system which strives for high accessibility and standards compliance: https://bugcrowd.design/
What you should know
These represent what we are currently using - not necessarily where we want to end up. We'd prefer you have direct experience but would definitely consider equivalents.
- Deep understanding of modern web front-end architectures and patterns.
- Strong familiarity with webpack
- Haml — we use Ruby on Rails
- Deep understanding of HTML5 and web document & app semantics
- Strong familiarity with CSS
- Top-level understanding of WCAG2 and other inclusive design principles
- Strong familiarity with JS test frameworks — we use Jest with enzyme
Skills that are nice to have
- Deep understanding of WCAG2
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Secure development best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Deep understanding of front-end performance issues in web applications
- Interesting work: our users are deeply technical - you'll get to learn about the security industry and the unique challenges of UX and UI for hackers
- Competitive salary (for our company size, anyway)
- Flexible working arrangements: we strive to maintain excellent work/life balance and support remote work (WFH Mondays are a thing)
- Convenient office - if you're based in Sydney, we have an office in Surry Hills (a short 2-minute walk from Central train station)
- Free lunches on Thursdays (even for remote employees)
- Opportunities for travel to our headquarters in SF and conferences around the world (BSides Canberra and Kawaiicon are some of our favorites)
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes and may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law and will be reviewed on a case by case circumstance.