Last year at Eventbrite organizers created 3 million events and we processed 150 million tickets. Behind all of those tickets and events is a number of teams working together to keep our product scalable and available as we grow. Our goal is to be the global platform for live experiences.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open-source software (check out Britecharts
as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our cross-functional Advanced Ticketing team in San Francisco. The team is comprised of 3 frontend developers, 3 backend developers, a product manager, a designer, and an engineering manager. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end, and help take the company to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our platform to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Eventbrite, you will build beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day while pushing the technological envelope with novel architectural advancements. In addition to improving the quality and effectiveness of frontend engineering at EB, Senior Engineers are responsible for mentoring and leveling up their less experienced colleagues.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years experience working with React
- 2+ years experience with state management frameworks like Redux
- Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- A track record of working closely with Design teams to build beautiful & intuitive web pages and applications
- Excitement about working in an environment where you are expected to make a significant and visible contribution
- The desire to work on a highly visible product that impacts millions of users
- A strong portfolio that displays your passion for delighting users
- Previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- Previous experience with build chain tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, and Yarn
- Previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color
- Familiarity with a server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails or .Net or Node.js
- Familiarity with working in a container environment like Docker and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with Typescript
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings
that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.