Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our team in Newmarket. You will help us solve interesting problems in order to build the world’s leading retail solutions.
Who we are and what we do:
- Vend is an award-winning, fast-growing Saas company winning on a global scale
- We have over 360 talented people across 5 major markets (US, CA, UK, NZ, AU) working to delight approximately 25,000 awesome retailers worldwide
- We travel worldwide to research how other SaaS companies work and implement the best bits
💚Our mission: help our retailers build thriving businesses, live more fulfilling lives and create experiences that people love.
Engineering @ Vend:
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Angular & React) communicating through APIs to Go services, backed by databases and Kafka topics, all deployed using Docker in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us
- We deploy changes to production every 22 minutes, on average
What you’ll be doing:
- Own and be accountable for large features and high-leverage coding projects
- Structure projects into small, actionable tasks to deliver the most value in no time
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to help plan the work ahead
- Attend or organise brown-bag lunches, engineer talks or meetups
- Participate in coaching other developers and assist with training sessions and documentation
What you need to bring:
- Strong work experience in previous roles, including both successes and failures (“scars”), which help you make better decisions
- Experience in working on major systems in one or more languages: ideally you’ve built REST API endpoints on top of data storage layers, and understand concepts like authentication, caching, web security, and the way that frontends consume APIs
Why do you want to work at Vend?
- We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career: learning & development budget, regular ‘lunch and learns’, training sessions…
- We offer a flexible working environment: you can work remotely from your home location on an adhoc basis, and enjoy flexible working hours
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Vend Share Options scheme
- Four weeks annual leave + extra day over the Christmas holidays
Where to from here?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world, feel free to check out our Instagram here.
Vend is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.