Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in San Mateo, Bangalore and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Front End Engineer to implement Skylo's vision of a user configurable dashboard for streaming datasets. You should be passionate about making this extensible and customizable with modular UI components, with experience in visualizing data in widgets such as charts and maps. Working closely with a local UX designer and leading a small remote team, your work will enable Skylo customers to explore sensor data to identify anomalies and implement data driven business outcomes. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves and seeing their work have global impact across industries, and to work with a highly driven team to bring this technology to the most remote regions of the world.
- Implement customizable dashboards based on Single Page Apps (SPAs).
- Implement modular UI components in ReactJS, NodeJS, TypeScript and WebSockets.
- Implement applications for sensor configuration tools, customer billing and data analytics.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability for streaming datasets.
- Work collaboratively with UX design team to implement UI workflows.
- Work collaboratively with product management, back-end developers and customers to refine product. requirements for Skylo’s web based user interfaces.
- Good knowledge of ReactJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS using TypeScript.
- Good knowledge of UI charting and mapping framework for data visualization.
- Desired charting background with libraries like ReCharts, ChartJS, React-vis, D3.js or similar.
- Desired map visualization background in Mapbox, DeckGL or similar.
- B.S in Computer Science with 2+ years of experience in UI/UX development.
- Highly collaborative, attentive to detail with a track record of excellent UI work.
- Past experience in an early-stage startup environment is desired.