Just so we’re clear: we’re not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is a New York City-based media company that’s disrupting the traditional business news landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for aspiring business leaders through relatable and digestible content. Plus, we’ve got some other cool stuff in the works.
We’re looking to add a full-time, front-end developer to work on-site, at our main office in New York City. Remote work is also acceptable. You will be an integral member and will help design and build a variety of beautiful interactive web products. We are profitable, and looking to scale our tech team as Morning Brew continues to grow into an emerging household name in media. Most importantly, looking for someone who is super passionate and willing to learn.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers.
What will you do?
• Work with our editorial team, growth team, and revenue team to design engaging products / experiences that bring Morning Brew to life for readers and clients.
• Lead the design implementation of a soon-to-be newly revitalized web presence for Morning Brew.
• Collaborate with our content and creative design team to build beautiful and interactive webpages.
• Build projects like content hubs, travel guides, interactive games, and other special features that our dedicated audience will engage with.
• Miscellaneous web development tasks to advance core KPIs for the business.
What we think you’ll need to be successful:
• 1+ years experience building and shipping software.
• Experience working with a team of designers to bring product designs to life.
• Experience building projects from start to finish.
• Preference for working with a small Agile team.
• Good work ethics. You’re looking to gain experience and knowledge as well as educating others.
• Passionate about building software. You keep up-to-date with current trends and practices in web-based software development.
• Interested in startups. Looking to start your own company someday? You'll learn a lot here about what it takes and the ins and outs.
Primary stack you’ll be working with:
• CSS / SCSS
• React JS
Additional experience / skills that would help:
• Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
• Fast-paced and challenging environment that’s built for a passionate, lifelong learner
• Full-time position with Competitive salary
• Health, Vision and Dental insurance with a portion of monthly premium covered
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Generous vacation and paid time off policy