About the Role
We’re looking for an independent and ambitious full-time React engineer who wants to make a big impact at this early stage in our roadmap.
As a engineer at Almanac, you will be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to organize their documentation, as well as contributing to the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
- Regularly build and ship high-impact features from scratch
- Write well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews and retrospectives with our remote team
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and the engineering team to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Our tech stack
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: 11-50 people
Things we love
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
What you bring to the role
- You are passionate about getting things live and iterating fast.
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops.
- You’re comfortable writing automated tests.
- You are a strong communicator and can clearly explain the tasks and tradeoffs for new features.
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment.
Skills that make you extraordinary
- Obsession with high-quality work.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market.
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better.
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope.
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery