We are at the forefront of a revolution in financial technology. Over the last three years, stable digital currencies have grown from being a $10mm market to a $5.6B market (560x growth). Meanwhile fintech is booming across the world as people grow dissatisfied with traditional banks and look for alternatives. We believe that new technology will allow us to make financial freedom as accessible as the internet and we are driven each day towards this vision.
Our team is based in San Francisco and Ireland, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. Investors at a16z crypto, Founders Fund Angel, Stanford StartX, and other top VC firms believe in us and have provided over $30mm of funding for us to achieve our vision.
We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD. Our TrueCurrencies now connect 76 countries across 6 continents and power billions of dollars of transactions.
Our team is on a mission to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We’re bringing online a global, open-access financial network that will touch a billion lives across every corner of the planet. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just at the beginning.
About the role
This is an opportunity to build technology that will shape the future of finance. You’ll be working on code that plays a crucial role in the open-access financial infrastructure that we’re building. And on a small, fast-moving team, your impact on the product will be huge.
On our team, you'll be working on the front-end for several products including TrueUSD (one of the largest stablecoins in the world), TrustToken Assurance, and other products we haven't publicly announced yet.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, release and maintain our web frontend. Build out product features and brainstorm ways to continually improve our application
- Make key architectural and technology decisions, to foster a codebase that encourages both rapid development velocity and high code quality
- Write high quality code that is efficient, maintainable and well-tested, such that our application is robust and scalable..
- Built our frontend infrastructure (build systems, developer tooling, unit/integration tests) to provide a great web development process
- Help define our frontend coding standards and promote best practices across the engineering team
- Collaborate with our backend engineers to develop appropriate GraphQL and REST APIs for the frontend, while thinking about performance and efficiency
- Work closely with Product and Design to iterate the app in response to customer feedback and business requirements
What we’re looking for from you
- Professional experience with frontend web development
- Preferred experience with React and modern web technologies
- You're comfortable working in a fast-changing start-up environment
- You love to learn, get your hands dirty, and find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Bonus points for interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or consumer finance
- Live the TrustToken values: seek truth, embody renaissance ambition, make good things easy, and get shit done
About our tech stack
- GraphQL (Apollo Client)
- React Router
- Styled Components
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken