· Salary: Competitive
· Application Start Date: - 27/02/2020
· Application End Date: - 28/03/2020
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. We are already live in Spain, Brazil, USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and there are only more markets to follow in 2020.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Do you have experience developing Apps for Smart TV’s such as Samsung Tizen or LG Web OS? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we don’t have any hierarchy within the team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge. The team you will be joining are in charge of the catalogue chapter that is the main component of the TV app and creating the DAZN App that sits on the TVs and set top boxes; we are looking to bring more Smart TV app experience into this team, that’s where you come in!
WHAT'S MY DAY TO DAY LIKE?
We work using Agile and XP practices such as Scrum and Kanban and all work together in or own TV room.
You would be picking items up from the backlog and working on them usually in the form of pair programming working towards delivering to acceptance criteria and the teams Definition of Done, the app is built mostly using React and vanilla JS.
Aside from the day to day work you'll be part of refinement, planning retros and helping both your team and DAZN as a whole be a great place to work, our culture is very important to us and we want everyone to help define and drive it.
TO MAKE AN IMPACT IN OUR TEAMS YOU WILL HAVE AT LEAST 3 OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Smart TV ecosystem experience
- Worked in a TDD environment
- Solving UX problems within TV Apps
- Testing your own code, not sending it off to others
- Building highly performing optimized code in low powered devices – Firestick, LGTV, Samsung Tizen etc
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us, send over what you got and we can sort that out together.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.