Mobile App Developer
Capital on Tap
Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
Software development is at the core of our business and has driven our success and growth over the past 7 years. We are now looking for exceptional and innovative developers to join our amazingly collaborative team to help us continue this growth and take our software development, products and services to the next level.
We want someone that is a technology evangelist, who loves solving problems and has a real passion for their work. If you want to work somewhere where you can see the impact your work has for colleagues, customers and the business, whilst working with the best technologies and people, this role at Capital on Tap could be for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning Mobile App development from inception through to delivery
- Developing new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Monitoring and reacting to app feedback on the Apple and Google developer consoles
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Evaluating and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Troubleshooting code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Building accessible user interfaces
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
We work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional team which we feel saves time, increase efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved in the project.
We offer great progression within the team, offering routes into people management or tech leadership where you can really hone in on the architecture of the software. All of our team leads and tech leads have been promoted quickly from within.
What do we require?
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with the full software development life-cycle for Mobile Apps
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with consuming RESTful API’s
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, and overall application lifecycle
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Passionate about programming and problem solving
- At least 4-years of experience in a team development environment (preferably Agile)
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Able to take undeveloped requirements and work with product managers to define a result
- Knowledge and application of accessibility best practices
Nice to haves
- Open source contributions and/or side projects
- Experience with building RESTful API’s
- .Net and C# experience
- SQL server and MongoDb
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily
- Generous anniversary rewards including a 4 week paid sabbatical after 4 years.