Quantum technology is likely to be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Quantum computing in particular promises to completely disrupt the way we process information - transforming previously uncomputable problems into manageable ones.
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
Backed by globally renowned investors including Square Peg, Sierra Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, we recently completed our Series A funding round, securing an additional AU$22M to advance our work.
About the Role
Reporting to the Lead Front-end Engineer, the Senior Front-end Engineer will be responsible for all Q-CTRL front-end web applications - including development, testing, continuous integration, performance, reliability, security and documentation
You will be responsible for developing robust code following best practices, overseeing and reviewing the front-end team’s work as well as communicating with other teams for the development of new product features.
What you'll do:
- Responsibility for all Q-CTRL front-end web applications - including development, testing, continuous integration, performance, reliability, security and documentation
- Build beautifully designed user interfaces and engineer complex interactions using React
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the broader Software Engineering Team to seamlessly integrate Q-CTRL APIs with front-end applications
- Contribute at a high level in technical conversations and decision-making. You will get your say in the packages and processes we should be using
- Consult with the product team and the broader team for all new products and features development
- Work closely with the product team to plan new features, discussing their feasibility, progress, their release and testing phase.
- Define best-practice front-end engineering practices
- Advocate a culture and practice of continuous improvement
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have at least 5 years of experience of front-end or full-stack development
- You have been using React and Redux for at least 2 years
- You have an understanding of CI/CD pipelines and techniques
- You had had some exposure to RESTful APIs
- You are experienced in making applications responsive and cross-browser compatible
- You have a strong interest towards the quantum industry
- You are self-sufficient and driven
- You enjoy getting out of your comfort zone, learning new things and wearing multiple hats
- You embody Q-CTRL’s core values and you demonstrate them in your words and actions both internally and externally : you’re real, trusted, just and revered.
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one - you won't be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You'll get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries and potential equity options. We also embrace flexible work hours - worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule. Headquartered in WeWork, our team gets to enjoy the perks of this vibrant startup hub (private and communal work spaces, lunch and learns, workshops, yoga classes, run club, community gatherings, weekly breakfast, free flowing coffee/beer and much more). We are looking for people as excited as we are about building the quantum future. Join us!
Please note all applicants must have full work rights in Australia. To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.