heycar was born from a simple question: ‘How do we make buying a used car simple?’ The answer? By bringing the best and most trusted dealerships across the UK closer to their customers to collectively reinvent used car buying. We exist simply to provide people with the confidence that they’ll find a car they love, and that we can help dealers sell that perfect car.
Having launched in the middle of August 2019, we are a brand of tomorrow at the very start of our journey. If you want to come along for the ride then get in-touch.
We’re a small but mighty team, growing at speed and building a culture that allows team members to feel challenged and empowered. We may have different backgrounds, industries and skills, but we’re all driving towards the same goal: to disrupt the used car industry.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with developers and designers to build a product that delivers an empowering user experience
- Work with TypeScript, React, Redux and other tools and tech as you see fit
- Implement scalable and maintainable front end services
- Share technical solutions through design reviews, pair programming and code reviews
- Collaborate with peers in design, product, sales and marketing to build a great business from scratch
What you'll need:
- The Attention to Detail: Experience with various testing, debugging and automation techniques
- The Results: You care about performance and accessibility and will set a high bar for user experience quality
- The Analytical Skills: You have a love for problem solving and troubleshooting
- The Operating Principles: You have an enthusiasm for CI and CD
- The Collaboration: An appreciation for design and product, working within a team and sharing ideas
What we’ll give you:
- You'll be joining more than just another startup - our team members are at the heart of everything we do; here we don’t leave things unsaid, we encourage honest feedback in a fast paced, but not fraught environment
- We’re a start-up but scaling fast, so you’ll need to keep up, push back and question where you see fit
- We provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, table tennis, roof terrace, and great socials.
- We offer a competitive salary + performance based bonus, private medical insurance, learning, development opportunities and some serious swag.