Entrepreneur First brings together the world’s most ambitious people to build deep tech startups from scratch in Paris, London, Berlin, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Singapore. We invest in exceptional individuals even before they have a team or an idea and help them find a co-founder, develop ideas, and subsequently raise funding from investors to build the world’s most valuable tech companies.
To date, we have helped build over 230 companies with a total valuation of over $1.8 billion.
Entrepreneur First itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of LinkedIn, DeepMind and PayPal and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Berlin, Paris and Bangalore, with Toronto opening in 2020
Engineering at EF
At EF, we’re working hard to transform the lives of the world’s most impactful people by building products and processes to invest in people even before they have a team or an idea. We call this Talent Investing.
The Engineering Team at EF is small but growing in size and impact. In this cross-functional role, you will work with Product Designers and other Engineers, as well as the EF Community to build mission-critical internal and external products. These products will powerEF users all around the world and play a key part in our global expansion.
Frontend engineers at EF help power us towards our goal by bringing functional and beautiful systems to life. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code every day.
In this role you will:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems
- Improve and use our design system to ship functional and beautiful features for internal and external users
- Work in a cross-functional team with a Product Manager, Product Designer and fellow Engineer
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy writing clean code, working with React, Redux, Jest, CSS in JS (i.e. Styled-components)
- An advocate for performance and accessibility best practices; understanding that our users will come from diverse backgrounds
- Enjoy a collaborative environment and working with different areas of the business.
- Believe in building great product experiences and taking features from start to deployment.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of the user and love crafting a great experience- Believe in building great systems and taking features from idea to deployment.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise- A desire to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
1 - Competitive Salary
2 - Share of the fund’s “carry” - any profits the fund return
3 - Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to Work and Technology (phones, laptops, fitness watches etc
4 - L&D Allowance: £400 per year to put towards your personal development
5 - Wellness Allowance: £400 per year to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc)
6 - Holidays: 23 days per year plus a 2-week office shut-down over Christmas and New Year
7 - Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders working on cutting-edge, world-changing businesses - and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team.
8 - The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and push each other to greatness is core to EF’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Come and build great products with us.