Front End Developer
Hi. My name is Daniele Turi and I am the CTO of AnyJunk.co.uk, a multi-award winning £10m+ sales company that is reinventing rubbish clearance with technology
Over the last three years we have cleanly rebuilt the platform from scratch, with a team highly proficient in pure functional programming. The back-end is written in Scala + Cats and the front-end (web and apps) in React JS/React Native + Redux. More details on our tech blog - https://medium.com/anyjunk. These posts reflect time invested in programming research while developing, which is fundamental to our culture.
Role: Front End Developer
We are growing our team to continue innovating and expand the application of our platform beyond waste clearance into other sectors and countries, as well as spinning out a new app based marketplace venture. To support this growth, we are looking for a React/Redux developer to join our team
Based in our Putney office you will work with a smart team, with the opportunity to shape the front-end development. You'll be creating engaging user experiences, with structured code that is fast, scalable, reliable and robust. It's an exciting and stable environment, with a collaborative culture. Tickets are thoroughly debated and understood before execution.
- at least 2 year experience in React, Redux, and Flow or TypeScript
- interest in types and functional programming
- appreciate test automation
- enjoy contributing to product and technical discussions
Useful experience great to see, but not essential:
- React Native
- UX/Design skills
What we offer
- Training in functional programming
- Opportunity to work on React Native and learn Scala
- Collaborative, exciting environment
- Opportunity to push the boundaries with research solutions
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday + 1 bonus birthday holiday
- Cool office space - including pool table, bean to cup coffee, fresh fruit etc
Visa - should you need a visa, we hold a sponsor licence and have already successfully sponsored Tier 2 candidates.
Location: Putney, SW15 London
Next steps: If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please send a short cover note, your CV or LinkedIn profile, and a link to some code that you are particularly proud of.