Meet Cleo 💙
Cleo is an AI assistant that helps over 2,500,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. Cleo can track your spending, set budgeting and saving goals, automatically save money for you, help you avoid overdraft charges, and a whole lot more - all in an engaging, fun and relevant product voice that is designed to nudge behaviour, tear down conventions about finances, and make money a bit less scary.
The team 🚀
We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla. In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 40, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 2,500,000 users. We are building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. We’re all based in Angel, just off Exmouth Market.
Check out our office space here
Brand new challenges ☀️
As we are rapidly scaling our product teams, we are moving through uncharted territory solving AI, UI and UX challenges on our web and mobile platforms. We are a small team of Frontend Engineers working across different squads solving the business’ hardest challenges. We work closely with our growing design team and iterate quickly to bring users an exceptional product. We strive to build and deliver quickly, providing solutions for our user’s needs and iterating to perfect them. We are looking for Frontend Engineers who are passionate about users and want to help us build our unique product as we continue to grow.
What your role will be 🦄
- Solving customer problems that are key to Cleo’s success with simple, robust and elegant solutions.
- Working closely with our product design team to collaborate on beautiful web and mobile products, build them and own them.
- Testing, iterating and refining our users’ experiences using Cleo. From the onboarding process to constantly delivering new features and content, making sure we are addressing real user pains
- Applying data, A/B testing and customer support queries to help us shape our long term roadmap and understand what we build next
- You will be collaborating closely with engineers and offer new ways to solve complex problems and help define our architectural roadmap
What you have 🔥
- Experience building customer facing products for the web or mobile platforms
- Experience with using React and/or React Native
- Understanding of mobile-first approaches, cross-browser compatibility issues and performance on the web when developing web applications
- Ability to solve complex problems within a team, contributing all the way through from planning and design to development and re-iteration
- Strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- A deep curiosity about people’s relationship with their money, and the motivation to use smartly designed experiences to create a healthier and happier outcome for our users.
Our Tech Stack
- React & React Native
- Redux Sagas
- Styled Components
- CircleCI for automated testing & native builds/deploys (using Fastlane)
- Ruby on Rails w/ Postgres & Redis
Cleo is an excellent place to work 💯
- We offer an above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We are prepared to pay for the very best.
- We’re one of the fastest growing tech startups in the world. We recently closed a very successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others.
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day.
- Our mission is standout. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're shaking up an entire industry sector and helping our users in a way that has a massive impact on their lives, which you will get to see every day in our customer feedback.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.