Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
10 years ago, Axon changed the world with a groundbreaking police body camera and cloud platform (Evidence.com
) that would change how the police captured and managed video evidence and public interactions. Today, Axon's Evidence.com
is the premier digital evidence management solution in law enforcement. With over 30 petabytes of data, and growing at 3 petabytes per month, this data represents an important part of the law enforcement process.
Our Performance product enables law enforcement agencies to take a data-driven approach to officer development and training, and mitigate agency risk as a result of officer non-compliance. We leverage the latest technologies such as Kubernetes, big data, micro-services, React, and Typescript to help users solve their compliance issues with data analytics and streamlined workflows.
Your mission is to leverage advanced technology to change the way policing is done.
Core Technologies Used
• React + Redux
• Lerna, Webpack and Babel
• Interfacing with Scala and GO backend services
Your Day to Day
As a frontend engineer on the Performance team, you will work closely with the product management team and other engineers to get requirements, provide technical design and implement features of the Performance application. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with engineers from other teams to build integrated features across our software platform.
- 1–4 years of experience in frontend / full-stack software engineering
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- You write well-tested code with good unit tests and technical documents
- Basic understanding of frontend technologies
- Ability to work within an existing codebase
- Desire to continue learning and improving
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.