Challenger is looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to develop the future UI of our banking product suite. As an early-stage, venture-backed company, our engineers have a unique opportunity to touch all parts of our product lifecycle.
As a full-stack engineer, you will play an essential role in bringing Challenger's innovative banking product to market. You will be first to make design, architecture, process, and other decisions at Challenger. This is a Senior Role, you are expected to have production experience with the technologies and processes you use at Challenger.
You will have the opportunity to grow into a leadership role on the Engineering Team.
Your primary responsibilities will be to architect, code, test, and ship web technology. You’ll also be involved in brainstorming, designing, and prototyping evolutions of the Challenger product suite. You’ll continuously build empathy with our customers’ core problems and better execute against our short, mid, and long-term product strategy.
In return, we offer full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and a chance to change the way people bank.
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions
- Be a great agile team member
- Lead key initiatives to improve our product and team
The Typical Day
- Writing code!
- Own code all the way through to production, and help verify it’s solving the right problem for the customer.
- Ship fast, small increments to iterate quickly towards building working software that solves real problems.
- Reviewing your code, architecture, and style decisions with other engineers.
- Reacting to how our product is used in the wild, and helping to fix bugs and production issues as they occur.
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company.
- Preferably experience at an early stage startup or as a founding engineer.
- An extensive background in front-end engineering and API design and implementation.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) from a top university or equivalent experience.