In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
The Web Product Team develops and maintains websites and applications for our ever growing number of vertical sites for brands such as Web Summit, Collision and others.
Our Web Developers work with Design, Content, Product and Engineering teams, creating world class user experiences, connecting attendees across the globe and testing website concepts on an array of different devices. While they focus on our larger sites, they flex skills and try out new technologies on any number of interactive pieces and side projects.
Due to increased demands, we are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to take the reins on new products.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
Who you are:
- You’ll take the lead on the design and architecture of a new suite of products
- You'll lead a small team of web developers, driving technical direction and decision making.
- You’ll participate in website design and wireframing, development and maintenance, content editing and publishing, taking the lead on certain projects.
- You’ll work in a collaborative environment liaising directly with various departments across the business to generate world-class web content.
- You’ll provide support to the digital team with display advertising design and other ad-hoc projects.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology in general.
- You have strong architectural experience, building out world class products from conception to delivery.
- You are comfortable taking a project from initial specs to completion, dealing with project managers and stakeholders.
- You can gather requirements from specific teams and turn them into technical specs.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment with varied and rapidly changing goals.
- You have experience building custom sites on WordPress or other CMS platforms. You relish the challenge of learning new programming languages and technologies on the job.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- 5+ years experience in a commercial Frontend/WebDev role.
- You've led teams and projects, from concept to delivery.
- The ability to write clean, responsive code without using a framework.
- Demonstrable experience developing websites, applications and CMS.
- Experience with WordPress, specifically custom theming/plugin development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Git/BitBucket or other version control experience.
- Grunt/Gulp experience within complex applications a plus
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.