At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment bringing moments of joy to 150+ million customers. The Employee Applications team is focused on building internal enterprise solutions for our business operations team and the employees to find the right information quickly and with ease while keeping the business functioning smoothly. We strive to improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of our customers.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience building web and mobile applications for enterprise and consumers. You will help design, build and maintain scalable applications. Build the API infrastructure that can be used across all employee applications products while integrating with other services within the Netflix ecosystem. You have experience working closely with third party vendors, engineering teams and business stakeholders to understand the use cases and build end-to-end scalable solutions.
You are self motivated and can work independently or partner closely with other engineers on a project. You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end leading with the right design and development principles. You have strong communication and collaboration skills. You are a problem solver, curious and like to challenge yourself with building the right scalable and high performing applications.
- Create simple and intuitive web and mobile applications
- Design, develop and deploy integrated solutions
- Own front-end development for your application
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Work closely with the back-end engineers to integrate with the front-end application
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, designers, engineers and stakeholders on the projects
- Communicate technical ideas and set direction on projects with a focus on solving business challenges
- Senior-level front-end engineer with 5+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of building/integrating with restful APIs for internal and external products
- You have knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders and vendors to understand their systems, build custom solutions, integrate with these systems and deploy the solution
- Strong data structures, algorithms and design patterns knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple teams to deliver an end product
- Enjoy building internal solutions and have lead development of enterprise level applications
- Strong focus on project execution and delivery