Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants include some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are complex and the stakes are high. Gymshark, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, and Nestle are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at a global scale.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will focus on how we support, educate, and facilitate building web-based, business-to-business related features. This is a technical role; you'll have ownership over your projects and overall solution design. You will establish common patterns, identify anti-patterns, contribute to the front-end direction of the product.
What you'll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest challenges we have
- Work through problems with web dev team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify developers, leaders and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Support team growth through knowledge sharing and mentorship of junior associates
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Requirements for the role:
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data — be prepared to give great examples
- Experience with React
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing your skillset and helping to improve the skills of those around you
- E-commerce experience a plus
- Experience with React Native, Apollo and GraphQL a plus
Please feel free to add any links to online portfolios, public works, GitHub repos, or anything else that helps to showcase your work.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application! Please get your application to us by Friday January 31st.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.