Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an experienced frontend developer to build, scale and maintain Unbabel's Interfaces. Unbabel engineers drive things forward and get things done. Our engineers build features today that users will use tomorrow. You must be ready to firefight against scaling or design challenges in real time.
You'll help create understanding by... 🗝
- Implementing the features and user interfaces of Unbabel's products
- Architecting efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver excellent user experience interfaces
- Identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
- Contributing to a culture of self-improvement and high standards of quality
- Mentoring other engineers and help them grow
- Great English communication skills
- 5 years experience
- Solid knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, React and/or Angular
- Understanding of UX/UI best practices and patterns
- Demonstrated web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization experience. Familiar with web performance best practices.
We build our tower with love, dedication and... 💙
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation(mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- Free language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday