We’re a startup based out of Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 10 people -- you will be #11 🙂.
We are profitable and self-funded (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
We have sane working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off.
You enjoy writing beautiful code. You care not just about whether the code works, but you think deeply about how well it performs, and how it will be understood by future developers.
You like shipping things. Whether it is a bug fix or a feature, you realize that every line of code is an opportunity to make a user’s experience better.
You like getting feedback. Whether it is talking to real users or adding custom metrics, you believe that getting real user data is a smart way to make decisions.
You are organized and autonomous. You enjoy taking a goal, breaking it up into smaller tasks, and organizing them in the best sequence to get the job done.
You are an excellent communicator. You regularly commit small chunks of code and try to make the best use of the tools available.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM RIGHT NOW
We are currently a team of 5 developers. Our roles are divided based on the projects we work on. Our stack currently looks like:
The most used parts of our stack are:
* Frontend: ES6, TypeScript, React, and Redux
* Backend: Java 8 (REST API)
* Cloud: A blend of AWS and Google Cloud
* Database: PostgreSQL
* Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will initially be working on our core product. The core product is an application built using ES6, React, and Redux. You will be shipping code directly to all of our users and getting lots of feedback while you’re at it.
Every now and then, you may also jump into projects such as:
* Adding more features to our user-facing dashboard
* Converting our ES6 codebase into TypeScript
* Improving internal tooling (CI/CD, error monitoring, code quality)
* 3+ years programming experience and 2+ years React experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* We don’t require a degree but you should have demonstrated the ability to learn new things quickly (either self-learned or from school)
* Past remote work experience
* Worked at a startup or a small company before
* Experience working with TypeScript and RxJS
* Front-end design chops (Sketch, CSS, an eye for good user interfaces)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
* Salary: $70,000 - $90,000/year Canadian Dollars
* Work fully remotely, from our office in Kitchener-Waterloo, or a blend of both
* Four weeks paid time off
* Travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
* Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office