Resilia is a fast growing, venture backed, mission-driven SaaS tech startup with offices in NYC and New Orleans. Resilia’s SaaS product helps nonprofit organizations increase capacity and enables Enterprises (corporations, cities and private foundations) to measure and scale impact. Our tech-enabled concierge product helps nonprofits by “turbo taxing” the process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption.
Resilia has been featured in Fast Company, Forbes, PitchBook and VentureBeat.
Visit us at Resilia.co
to learn more.
About the role
Are you passionate about usability and accessibility? Do you have the eye of a designer and the chops to wrangle CORS issues and GraphQL implementations? Have you automated your application’s CDN deployment? We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer who can partner with the design team and build interfaces that work across multiple devices. You should be familiar with event driven systems, domain driven design, and have implemented REST APIs, GraphQL, RPC systems, SSO based authentication and authorization services.
At Resilia, we’re building a new, powerful platform that frees nonprofits to do what they’re good at - delivering positive impact, while allowing our enterprise customers who deploy capital across their grantees to scale the impact of their programs.
You will report to the Chief Technology Officer and become an early, crucial contributor to Resilia’s growing engineering team. You will partner with the product and design team and be responsible for delivering high quality, componentized code within the B2C and Enterprise products. You must bring a curiosity to the team and add accretive value to the company through software contributions, best practices, humor and positive attitude. This is an opportunity to drive the technology strategy of a fast growing tech startup, from frontend frameworks to developer tooling to authoring conventions and architecture guidelines.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering and frontend development
- Expertise in one or more modern web frameworks like React, Elm, Ember, VueJS
- Proficiency in web standards including accessibility, PWA, service workers, and web components is required
- GraphQL experience is a plus
- Proficiency in relational databases, ORMs, and caching technologies
- Continuous integration, deployment and delivery
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies
- Early stage startup experience a plus
- Experience or familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, government or corporate philanthropy a plus
- High attention to detail
- Can work with lofi and hifi designs, making judgement calls as needed
- Proponent of test driven development, domain driven design and devops as a culture
- Action-oriented, motivated, and comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire for collaboration over independent work (and knowing when to do both)
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills gives you the ability to take complex problems and distill them into discrete concepts
- Passion, humility, humor, integrity, positive attitude, and mission-driven