trivago Analytics is an internal platform for business and marketing performance analysis - people within different marketing channels use the platform to make informed marketing spend decisions and it is used by other teams in trivago to analyse website traffic and visitor behaviour.
It consists of different controllers, dashboards, loading multiple charts on the same page, aggregating large amount of data for specific periods.
Correctness and performance are both critical for its success!
Our current code base is mainly a MVC application (Symfony PHP, jQuery, Highcharts, some Vue JS and React with Material UI), but we're moving towards separating front-end (via React portals) by serving it through a REST API. As part of this team you'll be working to implement new React components and help us transition to a modern Single Page Application that will also allow final users to customize their experience in the tool: new KPIs, filters and filterbars, custom views, custom aggregators, presentation mode for charts, etc
Do you think you can make an impact in this role? Read on and apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQYEsuGOs-s&feature=emb_title
What you'll do:
- Build responsive, accessible and performant UIs using a modern technology stack.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with backend, QA, devOps, product owner.
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
What you'll definitely need:
- 3+ years of software development experience using React ecosystem.
- To enjoy and have experience in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, SASS and Webpack.
- To care strongly about performance, accessibility and API design.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
- To speak English (our company language) ﬂuently and have strong communication skills.
- To love technical challenges and strive for continuous development.
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience with Highcharts API.
- Experience with Redux, storybook.
- Architectural skills.
- JQuery knowledge.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Experience with unit tests.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our sunny Palma office offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.