Here at Warby Parker, we’re searching for a top-notch Senior Frontend Engineer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team and help build the technology that powers the Warby Parker retail experience. In this role, you'll be responsible for building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining tools and systems for our retail stores, including our custom-built point-of-sale system. (This system is tailored to make our shopping experience as easy as can be for both our employees and customers alike. We call it Point of Everything, or P.O.E. for short.) If you're a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Build amazing user experiences on top of our existing tools and systems to help create and improve upon an amazing omnichannel experience for our customers and employees
- Own the design, development, and deployment of features and applications for our retail technology systems using React/Redux and TypeScript
- Work with others across the company, including the Retail, E-commerce, and Development teams, to promote and integrate new technologies and reusable components into their workflow
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of experience in full-stack software development
- Experienced building modern and performant frontend applications with or more modern client-side frameworks (e.g., React, Vue, Angular, Ember) in a professional setting
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Excited to collaborate with others across the Warby Parker technology ecosystem
- Creative and empathetic, especially when it comes to design and development
- Passionate about building features from concept to deployment
- Successful in an agile work environment, breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Off-the-charts leadership skills
- Full-stack experience
- Familiarity with Python and AWS
- Experience building applications for iOS or Android
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!