Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You’re a Front End Engineer who has experience and/or interest in working with scientists to implement rapid, near production quality prototypes, and production ready front-end features. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products. You want to advance the state of the art by working closely with scientists to implement novel approaches, and have the skillset to develop engineering solutions to solve real problems in production, at scale.
- Develop production quality prototypes and delivering production ready solutions.
- Work closely with user researchers, scientists, product managers, and engineering.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- M.S. in Computer science or demonstrated experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Strong design sense and skills to build visually appealing prototypes that also follow good user interaction guidelines and integrate well with existing and new workflows.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, SASS, SCSS, LESS.
- Experience with Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, or similar tools.
- Experience working with scientists.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.