Q4 is a leading global provider of cloud-based investor relations, with the mission of partnering with customers to achieve their strategic IR objectives. Through best-in-class customer experience and an innovative suite of IR technology, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 1,500 of the world’s largest brands. Q4’s comprehensive portfolio of IR communications and intelligence solutions, supported by an industry-leading customer experience model, empower customers to build impactful and strategic IR programs. Q4 has offices in New York, Toronto, Hamilton, Copenhagen, and London. To learn more, visit: www.q4inc.com.
Q4 is a team of creators, builders, and disrupters who specialize in solutions for investor relations. We develop products that are constantly evolving, solving problems, and pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for capital markets. Our products are built from scratch and leverage the strengths of every developer and team member at Q4.
As a full stack developer, you'll work on both the front-end and back-end of our digital solutions. Working within the software development team, you will assist in the development and architecture of a variety of products including our flagship product, Q4 Desktop. This role is ideal for well-rounded, ambitious developers who are always looking for new challenges and improve on existing work.
Who you are.
You are an exceptionally talented software developer with the ability and desire to work on challenging projects that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies.
You also have:
- 2+ years work experience
- Production experience with modern client-side web frameworks such as React, AngularJS with Typescript
- Working knowledge of Redux, or other state management frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS, Express
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.)
- Ability to create responsive UI components for high-performance and scalability
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with backend data / API integration using JSON and RESTful web services
- A high bar for code quality and craftsmanship
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks such as Karma, Mocha.js, Jasmine
- Experience developing with GIT or other version control systems
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process methodologies
- Broad understanding of the design and architecture of modern web applications
Nice to have:
- AWS Microservice environment / development
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies
- You are curious by nature and not afraid to ask “why”.
- You don’t stop digging till you find out why your code worked (or didn’t work)You have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies through training, self-advancement, and collaboration with peers
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and self-motivation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to investigate software related issues and general problem solver
- Highly logical, self-motivated
- Proven analytical problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively organize and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Emphasize on quality, process, and iterative improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Themed socials. Karaoke. Maybe a costume?
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.