Based in Edinburgh or Stockholm but remote (within the EU only) for the right candidate.
About the Job
- Building, testing and maintaining the multiple web frontends.
- Implementing required functionality on the Node.js backend to support frontend requirements.
- Having ownership over deployment of your own code onto our Kubernetes infrastructure running on Google Cloud.
- Participating in agile work methodology, including daily standups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Experience with gRPC, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Google Cloud, CI/CD, Netlify.
- Experience shipping consumer-facing applications.
- Tenacity to achieve and deliver world class software.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- Empathetic, understanding and accepting of everyone you interact with.
- Eligible to work in the UK, Stockholm, or the EU.
Desana gives people access to a network of great work space when they want it, where they want it, through a single monthly subscription. We do that by supporting coworking spaces, taking their spare inventory and giving our customers fluid access to it.
We’re a growing startup based between London, Edinburgh, and Stockholm but we aim to become a globally relevant company by disrupting the way people think about, and access, the places they work. We're looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
With prior experience in startups before starting Desana, we’re keen to do things the right way from the very start. That’s why we believe in openness and transparency in everything we do, from salary to communications, to processes.
Salary and Progression
We’re creating a system to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths (Buffer, Monzo and a growing number of progressive companies) as we are striving to create an open and fair culture within Desana.
Dependent on your experience, the salary for this role is between £37,500 and £50,000 per annum.
- Company performance related bonuses.
- Share options in the business which will be assessed following successful completion of your probation.
- Flexible and remote work hours with a strong focus on work-life balance.
- Regular team drinks, events, and trips.
- Free access to the app and our network of workspaces.